· BS- Elementary Education, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
· MS- Curriculum and Instruction, University of Tennessee, Knoxville
· Ed.S- Administration and Supervision, Lincoln Memorial, Harrogate, TN
· Ed.D- Educational Leadership, Argosy University, Sarasota, FL
· Elementary Education (Grades 1-6)
· Educational Leadership (All levels)
· School Principal (All levels)
· English for Speakers of Other Languages (Esol) Endorsement
I have had the pleasure to work in the field of education for twenty-three years and counting. I have served nine years as an elementary school teacher in various grade levels and fifteen years as an assistant principal in Polk County Public Schools. I am thrilled to have the opportunity to serve the students, staff, and community at Lake Shipp Elementary this year. I look forward to an enjoyable and successful school year. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Dr. Stacy Nelson
I was born in Petersburg, Virginia but grew up in Polk County and received my education through Polk County Schools. I became an educator because of my love for children and my love for learning. My goal is to inspire students to always perform at their highest level and assist them in reaching their goals by helping them see the potential within themselves.
- BS – Retail Management with a minor in Marketing from Florida State University
- Teaching Certification, State of Florida
- Master of Science – Educational Leadership, Nova Southeastern University
- Certification – Education al Leadership, State of Florida
- Doctorate Degree – Organizational Leadership, Specialty – Elementary Education, Nova Southeastern University
- Principal Certification, State of Florida
I began my career as an ESE Teacher for students with severe behaviors for 3 years and then an ESE Inclusion Teacher for 1 year. For the next 4 years I was the Title 1 Program Facilitator and the SAC Chair for 1 of those years at Crystal Lake Elementary. These last 2 years I worked as the Math Coach at Jesse Keen Elementary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Exceptional Student Education
- Master’s Degree in Education – Curriculum and Instruction from Warner University in Lake Wales
- Specialist Degree in Education – Educational Leadership from Nova Southeastern University