District Title 1 Links
- District Title 1 Page
- District Parent & Family Engagement Plan (English)
- District Parent & Family Engagement Plan (Spanish)
District Mission Statement
District and school-based Title I Parent Involvement Programs in Polk County will strive to build RELATIONSHIPS to create real family engagement for every child, every family, every teacher, every day.
Title I Overview
Components of Title I are:
- Effective Instruction
- Professional Development
- Parental Involvement
Studies show that the more parents are involved in the education of their child, the more academically successful that child will be. The goal of the Title I Parent Involvement program is to give school-based Parent Involvement Facilitators information, materials and resources to enable them to provide for their parents at the school-level. It is the job of the Facilitator to give parents the tools and resources necessary for them to help their child at home. Everyone working together in this way gives the child the best possible support for doing well in school.
Lake Shipp’s School-Parent Compacts (2019-2020)
- LSE Compact 2019-2020 (English)
- LSE Compact 2019-2020 (Spanish)
- LSE Compact 2019-2020 (Haitian Creole)
Lake Shipp’s Parent and Family Engagement Plan (2019-2020)
“Right to Know” Information
All Title I schools are required to employ only highly qualified teachers and instructional paraprofessionals. You will be notified in writing if your child has been assigned or has been taught for more than four consecutive weeks by a teacher who has not met the “highly qualified” criteria.
In addition, you have the right to:
- Know whether your child’s teacher(s) and/or paraprofessional(s) meet the state certification requirements for the grade levels and subject areas in which they provide instruction
- Know whether a teacher and/or paraprofessional is teaching under emergency or other provisional status and state qualification or licensing criteria have been waived
- Receive information on the qualifications of a teacher and/or paraprofessional, including the graduate certification or degree held by the teacher and/or paraprofessional, and the field of discipline of the certification or degree
If you would like to receive this information, please contact us.